Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read
By: Scott McNulty
Having your own blog isn’t just for the nerdy anymore. Today, it seems everyone–from multinational corporations to a neighbor up the street–has a blog. They all have one, in part, because the folks at WordPress make it easy to get one. but to actually build a good blog–to create a blog people want to read–takes thought, planning, and some effort. From picking a theme and using tags to choosing widgets and building a community, creating your blog really starts after you set it up. In this book by blogger extraordinaire Scott McNulty, you learn how to:
- Install and get your WordPress blog running.
- Set up your site to ensure it can easily grow with you and your readers.
- Be the master of user accounts.
- Manage your site with the WordPress Dashboard and extend its capabilities with plug-ins.
- Make the most of images.
- Work with pages, templates, and links and–of course–publish your posts.
- Deal with comments–if you even want readers commenting at all.
- Find a theme–or build one yourself.
- Maintain your site and fix common problems.