Created in partnership with Unity Technologies: learn C# by developing 2D & 3D games with this comprehensive guide…
The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity 2019
The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity introduces you to the Unity Engine and to the fundamentals of C# programming. The course then dives into developing your first 2D and 3D games. You will discover how to set your games apart from the crowd by polishing them with Unity’s latest features, including post-processing effects and the animation system.
In this Unity course, you will:
- Master C# concepts such as variables and if statements.
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements.
- Create power-ups including triple shots, laser beams, speed boosts, and shields.
- Apply shaders that transform your game backgrounds.
- Create enemies with basic AI behavior.
- Collect and destroy game objects.
- Implement sound effects, background music, and particle effects.
- Activate and use Unity’s Team Collaboration service.
- Navigate the Unity Engine and discover unique features such as the Asset Store.
- Deploy your game to over 20 web or mobile platforms using Unity.
- And more!
I’ve been working in Unity since the initial public release of version 2.6, and I’ve authored a book on Unity 3.X. Since beginning my career in software development, I’ve been fortunate enough to develop games for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and several indie game companies. I’ve also developed enterprise augmented reality applications for Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola, GE, and Thyssenkrupp. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and I hope you will see that throughout this course.
Upon completing this Unity course, you will understand the basic concepts of C# programming and be able to continue developing your own 2D and 3D games. You will also feel confident knowing that you have mastered the latest and greatest game development techniques that will propel you to success in your professional or personal aspirations.
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course…