Understand the main interior design styles used in today’s homes in great detail, which include…
How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro
With so many different interior design styles available today, do you find yourself getting overwhelmed and unsure of how to choose a style or pull off a style well in your own home? It becomes even more complicated when you want to mix different interior design styles but is unsure of how to do that so it looks fabulous and well pulled together, instead of flat out chaotic.
To that end, this course has been created to help you understand the defining characteristics of 18 different popular interior design styles today so that you can either create one of those styles in your own home or learn how to easily and effectively mix different styles on your own.
Please note that this course only covers the characteristics of various interior design styles. It does not provide information on how to pull together a room (e.g., furniture layouts, rug sizes, etc.). That information can be found in my course “How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps”
That said, this course will go fairly deeply into 18 different and distinct interior design styles in areas that include:
- Defining furniture characteristics
- Common materials used in each style
- Appropriate color schemes and patterns for each style
- Window and floor covering options for each style
- Lighting, artwork, and accessories appropriate to each style
- Retailers that carry furnishings for each particular style
We will also spend an entire section focused solely on how to mix styles well using a simple, formulaic approach. You will learn how to do this both through a lecture approach as well as listening to 2 real-life case studies.
Finally, after each style section, you will have an opportunity to take a style quiz to help you find out which interior design styles are best suited to you based on your preferences.
This course is a great choice for anyone wanting to learn more about different interior design styles and how to mix them successfully on their own, and for interior designers who want to brush up their skills on different interior design styles.
Join me for an exciting journey into the world of interior design styles!
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the main interior design styles used in today’s homes in great detail, which include: Formal Interior Design Styles: Traditional, English Country, French, and Mediterranean; Casual Interior Design Styles: Coastal Chic, Scandinavian, French Country, Tuscan, Bohemian, Farmhouse, and Western; 21st Century Interior Design Styles: Contemporary, Transitional, and Urban Modern; Retro-Inspired Interior Design Styles: Mid-Century Modern, Industrial, Art Deco, and Zen
- Articulate the defining furniture characteristics of each main style
- Select the common materials used in each of the main styles
- Select appropriate color schemes used for each of the main styles
- Select the commonly used patterns for each of the main styles
- Select appropriate window coverings and flooring used for each of the main styles
- Discover your interior design style personality
- Learn how to mix different styles with confidence!