Magritte Surrealist Serif Font
Magritte is a serif display font with surrealist sensibilities. This is an ideal font for dreamy, unexpected branding, advertising, and merch. It has uppercase and lowercase alphabets, dozens of beautiful ligatures and dingbats, and even includes support for Modern Greek.
Magritte has 600 glyphs in Latin and Greek consisting of:
- the complete Latin alphabet (with all accent marks),
- the complete Modern Greek alphabet (with all accent marks),
- 50 ligatures and stylistic alternates,
- 24 fun dingbats and arrows,
- numerals including old-style figures and fractions,
- extensive symbols, punctuation, and diacritical markings.
The OpenType ligatures are the fun part.
To get the most out of Magritte, use software that supports Open Type fonts (Adobe programs, Corel Draw, Affinity Designer, etc). This type of family has tons of built-in OpenType ligatures and alternates, which are what make it so customizable and decorative. You can always access the ligatures, alternates, and dingbats through your software’s glyphs panel.
Magritte supports dozens of languages that use Latin and Greek alphabets. The most common languages it supports are English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, and Finnish. Flemish, French, German, Modern Greek, Italian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.