Rode VideoMicPro Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount
RØDE VideoMic Pro:
Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shockmount. The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio. The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
- ENSURE YOU BUY GENIUNE RØDE PRODUCTS! Products from sellers which say ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ under the price are NOT authorized resellers, and may not be selling genuine product.
- Buy only from Amazon.com (labelled ‘shipped and sold by Amazon.com’).
- A true shotgun microphone designed for camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as primary and reference audio.
- The 1/2″ condenser capsule provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm connector with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db.
- The Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone’s native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera’s preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera’s comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8-inch thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.