In this class, I’ll walk you through the simple and beginner-friendly process of creating a Vaporwave-style animation in Blender…
Blender Animation Course
Hi! My name is Harry and I’m a professional 3d artist with over a decade of experience. I’ve worked most recently as the Studio Director of an award-winning architectural visualization studio.
In this class, I’ll walk you through the simple and beginner-friendly process of creating a Vaporwave-style animation in Blender. Vaporwave is a musical and visual genre of artwork.
In this class, we’ll be focusing on the visual aesthetics of Vaporwave to create our animation.
On Skillshare, I specialize in clear, easy-to-follow beginner’s classes. We’ll go through each process, step by step, to prevent as much confusion as possible. We’re using Blender for this tutorial, which is an amazing and totally free 3d software. The only barrier to entry is having a computer to run the software on.
Creating a heavily stylized animation loop is a really desirable skill to have as a 3d artist. It doesn’t need to be difficult. We’ll go through the entire process of creating this animation from a beginner’s perspective to avoid as much confusion as possible.
In this class you can expect to learn:
- Blender Interface and Tools: We’ll learn about many basic tools and interface elements.
- Modeling: To achieve our Vaporwave aesthetic, we’ll be altering a 3d scanned Greco-Roman statue.
- Lighting: We’ll set up a stylized lighting scheme including volumetric lighting.
- Shading: Which can give objects the appearance of glowing neon lights, or golden metal.
- Animating: We’ll create a subtle looping animation featuring our Vaporwave statue.
- Rendering: We’ll render our final animation in Blender. You can share it with your friends and family on social media.
I hope you’ll join me on this fun beginner’s journey through Blender by making your very own Vaporwave animation loop!